CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS

Thursday, March 18, 2010

Amuka and Atole

Hi guys

cheeeiii its been to long on this blogger sef, I don't even feel guilty again cos all bloggers are on twitter. hehehe well I do feel kinda guilty cos blogger was my first love after facebook
On the 11th was my blogversary woohoo a whole year blogging and its been wonderful I remember my first post and how I used to refresh the post every 5minutes to see if anybody had dropped a comment, and I also used to spam people's comment boxes! cheeei I don try
I'm sure most of you are familiar with the terms Amuka and Atole
Amuka means one that sucks his/her fingers
Atole( one that pees on the bed)

I was an Amuka, I really don't know at what age i started sulking my two fingers yes o two fingers, but at that time it was the best thing that could ever happen to me.
It was like a drug, when I was deep in sleep my mom or dad would come and take it out of my mouth and the fingers would go right back
They tried all the tricks in the book rubbing pepper on the fingers rubbing the fingers with bitterleaf( i died so damn bitter duh) I would just take my toothbrush and tooth paste and brush my fingers to remove the taste of the pepper or the bitterleaf! and the fingers went back in. I was bad abi? (soap and water didnt do justice and it just destroyed the sulking experience)
Mama Tinu resorted to all sorts I would tell your friends in school you sulked but whenever she passed that Corona gate she just forgot.
Finally Mama Tinu was fed up with my sulking and one day decided to tie one of my fingers with that black celotape the rubber one and she said "If you take it off, you would sleep out side beside the maygauard" and you guys know that Mama Tinu don't play! so had the masking tape on for the weekend, she finally took it off and then my finger, was black cos she tied the tape on too tight and blood wasnt flowing to my nail, so the nail fell off and I just stopped sulking. I stopped sulking when I was 10, and then the years after braces!

Atole
The atole in our house was my younger brother he just couldn't stop peeing, and it drove my parents mad especially my dad. and whenever they asked him :why dont you get up in the middle of the night when you feel like peeing and go to the bathroom?" His response was that when he wanted to be he always dreamt that he was in the bathroom, so he just peed!
this went on for a couple of years and trust the masters of punishment Mama and Papa Tinu to come up with the worst
My brother slept on mats, cos the mattress had started to stink and the boy still peed on the floor.
Flogged him but still didn't stop him from peeing
He spent a night in the bathroom, yup he slept there, at least that night he didn't pee hehehe
After a while my parents just gave up and he just stopped peeing!
So were any of you atoles or amukas?? tell your story!

Have a fab week
Tinu
xxx


16 comments:

Anonymous said...

Tinu you updated your blog and didnt tell me abi? Welldone!!!
btw I was both (covering face)......Y

honey91 said...

lol!!! wow...
i never sucked my fingers but I peed for a while...I stoped when I was 5

chayomao said...

me and u both honey91... i cldnt suck my fingers for the life of me>>> i just cldn't! n peeing? let's just say my papa used to wake me up to pee at night so i wake up to pee at night till this day>>>>...

Myne said...

Runaway blogger, lol. I used to suck one of my fingers but not anymore, lol.

Rayo said...

i refuse to say wich i was :(

shorty said...

Never suked my fingers. Your brother talk true o, pesin go just dream him dey for toilet and the next thing is peeing on the bed..lol

Fabulo-la said...

lool! Kai see as u open urself for hia!

Nope no amuka or atole here..too fab for that. lool
Yaaah roight.

I just to bite my nails sha...

The Girl with the Red Hair said...

Atole i was till age 5. Amuka never.

bob-ij said...

LOOOL..I was an "Amuka" I sucked my life away! My mum, being the doctor she was" even put plaster of Paris on my thumb. I sucked it off!

I stopped when i was 8 cuz my brother locked me in a toilet and turned off the light and went out... (or lied that they did) and said if I sucked again i would stay there forever! loooool. TRAUMATIZING bt it worked..I'm Amuka-Free

x<3!

Apinke said...

lol, i never liked sucking, i was an atole till they threatened that i'll start wearing nappies like my lil bro. think i stopped at 6.

Anonymous said...

I was an atole for sure. It was embarrassing.

Unknown said...

LMAO!!!.. This post is hilarious...I was an atole until about 7..hated every moment of it..lol..never an amuka though...

Femme Lounge said...

i am very familiar with the ways of the Amuka's too. my niece is a chronic one, ha! there is no trick we haven't tried to get her to stop, so far none has.

tonitones said...

proudly never a sucker :)

Bimbo Odusote said...

I was neither but my 7yr old son is still peeing and I hope he stops soon

Carol Lee said...

Tweeting is totally different from blogging. Please if you have time do write some posts occasionally. Missed reading your blog.

Ed Butowsky wealth management